Looking for some activities to do while on the island of Roatan, Honduras. This island is packed with so much todo, and has something for everyone here. Spend a week or spend a day here.
Towns to visit: Coxen Hole, West End, West Bay (most touristy area), Sandy Bay, French Harbour, or the furthest end of the island Camp Bay. These are only a few, but the most popular ones. It’s very easy to get around with the taxi system, and the towns are only a 10-20 minutes apart.
Places To Stay – There is many B&B, hotels, and villas to stay at in Roatan, we had a fantastic stay with Mel at her Roatan Backpackers’ Hostel (even has room for families).
Roatan What To Do
- Scuba Diving (our favourite), over 30 dive shops on the island, anymore then 200+ dive sites
- Take a tour on the Glass Bottom Boat
- Rent kayaks or stand-up paddlebaords
- Jump on the water Taxi catch the next town cost is about $3+
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Canopy Tours and Zip Lines
- Kite Surfing
- Rent a scooter and go explore the island
- Check out the Iguana Farm with more then 3,000 of them
- Museum at Anthony’s Key
- Take a horseback ride along the beach
- Find a nice restaurant or bar on the beach and watch the magnificent sunset
The island of Roatan has tons to see and do, but don’t get me wrong it’s mostly a Scuba Divers Paradise here. All of the diving is within a 5-10 minute boat ride, and the cheapest we have ever paid for diving.
What ever you do, don’t get sucked into the Roatan Vortex. Some people come here and never leave.